Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing similar products?

+14
Lin_Chen
Lu_Song
YOUNGJIN_KIM
Frank_Ho
MaoHung_Wang
Roy
Jamie_Tang
Eva_Berends
Ian Chen
TA_Max
MH_Huang
camille_girard
ChienWei_Lee
Raphy_Liang
18 posters

Go down

Do you rely on the messages in advertisement when comparing similar products?

(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? I_vote_lcap53%(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? I_vote_lcap47%(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? Empty (Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing similar products?

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 am

Thank you~~~

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? Empty Re: (Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing similar products?

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:44 am

You're welcome~~~
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 35
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

(Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? Empty Re: (Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing similar products?

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 am

To be serious.
My answer is yes.
As a consumer, I usually don't have enough patience on deciding which to buy on daily necessities.
So, when there are similar things, I will choose the one I familiar with(familiar from ads).
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 am

I put yes but it's not I rely on comparative advertisement. It's just I am influencing by this kind of advertisement. As Lee, when I buy on daily necessities, I don't take time to comparate the product. I also choose the one I heard about it via ads. But when I buy expensive product the comparative ad can influence me if I also see myself the difference. Otherwise, I know that it's just advertisement and I would take time to get informations on the products.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 pm

My answer is yes (sounds somewhat silly for a professor (Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? Icon_smile ). Ads provide important information for me to make my purchase decisions. However, the important thing is that I don't just take whatever they say, I treat them as one information source and have my own judgment.

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TA_Max Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 pm

As for me, take buying a mini notebook for example, I would gather information from BBS, magazines, my frends' words of mouth. Because they are more objective and reliable.
However, advertisement is also an useful information resource, which can help me to identify the drawbacks of centain products from rival's advertisments.

TA_Max

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ChienWei_Lee Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm

haha~
Not only our professor but our TA Max join this discussion.
Good afternoon!~~
ChienWei_Lee
ChienWei_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:11 pm

I usually make similar products' comparison by looking at many aspects. To tell the truth, yes I sometimes rely on advertisements, but take a little part. Mostly, go on-line and see other users' "Good or Bad" comments.

In simple words, official advertisements is not persuasive enough for me to make decision whether to buy it or not!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Me too
I will be influence by advertisements when buying some low-price products, like herbal tea which claims it's good for health and low calories.
As to high price thing I will be like TA-MAX to collect information from different sources, such as PTT and WOM.

Raphy_Liang

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 pm

I am hardly influenced by advertisements when comparing similar products. However I do take recommendations from other peope in consideration. Smile Advertisement feel kind of fake to me so I merely rely on recommendations actually. (Poll): Do you rely on the messages in an advertisement when comparing   similar products? Icon_smile
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

年齡 : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:01 pm

I'd have to say no as well. I usually look more at recommendations and other people's testimonials more than I believe advertisements. Instead I use advertisements as a sort of starting point for which products I'd consider buying, and then actually choose one based on word of mouth and other sources.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Only ad is not enough. Usually I will ask my friend who has used the product, then do some searching work.

I believe WOM.

Roy

注冊日期 : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I voted no as well. I am easy to be influenced by people around me but not the ads.

Essentially I don't believe all ads, they just bother me and want sell things to me regardless of my opinion. When I am young, I loved to watch movie on TV, and was very boring when the ads begins. Maybe this is why I hate ads.Very Happy

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

My answer is yes. I believe it might be some useful information for my decision. However, I won’t trust it completely. I ‘l try to consider different opinions and information.

Frank_Ho

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 pm

In my case, Yes~!! When I see the great message which gives strong impression, it remains on my memery longer. And I believe it influences my next purchase of product a little. So Messages, Slogan and logo etc bring me more consideration of next purchasing~!!!Smile

YOUNGJIN_KIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu_Song Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm also influenced by ads. Sometimes there's simply too many choices..and when there's no particular preference to start, I reply on ads to help me differentiate it. and i have to admit, i often choose prodcuts with ads that make it seems superior...fancy words, modern pics etc.

Lu_Song

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 am

I am like Eva...I don't rely on ads to influence me to buy a certain product. I hardly watch TV anyway (streaming video all the way Cool ) and rarely ever pay attention to ads in magazines (unless it is a fashion magazine) and the internet. Typically, I buy products through word-of-mouth/recommendations by friends & family, what brands are familiar to me, or through online research. For example, if I want to buy a reusable water bottle, I will go online to compare--read through forums, articles, etc-- which have the best value, easiest to clean, and lasts the longest. In this case, I ended up buying a SIGG bottle because most of my friends recommended me that one and it supposedly lasts for a lifetime.
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 am

my answer is NO!

i do not rely on the messages in
advertisement when comparing similar products.
in fact, i rely on my friends' recommendations or the experience articles which were posted on BBS site--PTT.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 am

My answer will be a big YES, it also depends on what kind of product i'm going to buy though.
Because ads are the easiest way for me to know more about the product, and i also believe that ads may be somewhat exaggerated but normally not fake. i ask my friends for recommendations when i'm going to purchase something important or expensive but not everything in our daily life, like chewing gum.
Most of the time, i just compare the ads and give whatever i chose a try.

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:30 am

I voted for yes. When comparing similar pruducts, messages on advertiserments reallly helps a lot for us to gathering information. And comparison will become much easier if we have enough information. However, I rely on not only ads but also comments from people since there might be some "lies" on the ads.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean_Huang Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:39 am

Well, I voted no. But I think my reason is that I seldom watch TV, read newspaper, nor bother to see the ads from the Internet. So somehow it's hard for me to see ads of similar products, lest comparing them intentionally.

Sean_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 am

Yeah also for me too, I've hardly watched TV ever since I came here, and actually even when I was at home I didn't watch it much, so maybe thats the reason I don't believe in ads that much.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down