Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that?

+9
t97701103
Lin_Chen
ChienWei_Lee
Jamie_Tang
camille_girard
Eva_Berends
Ian Chen
MH_Huang
chiaying_lin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you care being recorded your purchasing behavior and economic situation?

Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 Empty Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that?

Post by chiaying_lin Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

As mentioned in the summary: “However, before cultivating customers, a wide range of data is required,…”

But where are customers’ data come from? Nowadays, the way each customer spends money is observed and analysed. For example, shoppers who buy diapers for the first time in a famous supermarket in US, receive coupons by mail not only for baby wipes and toys but also for beer, according to a Wall Street Journal report. Data analysis revealed that new fathers tend to buy more beer because they can’t spend as much time at the pub.

As an analyst, I agree that it should be an effective marketing way, but, as a customer, I feel like being watched! pale pale pale

What do you think about that? Are you care or not? Or do you have any personal experience to share with us which is related to this kind of marketing strategy

and let's have a poll Smile

Last edited by chiaying_lin on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that?

Post by Eva_Berends Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Ian Chen wrote:
Jamie_Tang wrote:Oh okay, well I don't believe that firms should be blamed when its really not their fault though... well maybe if the security was really terrible then yes they are entirely at fault, but sometimes it just can't be helped. In those situations, I don't think anyone can be blamed except the hackers. And sorry, I misread your post Ian xD But I suppose in the event that it actually happens, firms should still take responsibility and make it up to their customers. But either way, in the end, usually when something like that happens, customers end up leaving that company and going to a different one, so the firms must take responsibility, whether it is their fault or not.

So the privacy issue and information security are the most critical problems that you must deal with before heading to "e-business".
Not only and especially before heading to e-business, I think. Just always Smile
Eva_Berends
Eva_Berends

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26
年齡 : 34

Back to top Go down

Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Privacy Issue: Are you aware of that you are being watched? And what do you think about that?

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Well its constantly improving and evolving as well, both security and the hackers as well, so I guess more effort would have to be put into guaranteeing the safety of all the information before and during e-business.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2