Marketing Management Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products?

+7
Erin_Lo
Lu_Song
Sean_Huang
Jamie_Tang
Ian Chen
MH_Huang
camille_girard
11 posters

Go down

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? Empty Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products?

Post by camille_girard Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? If not, how can they persuade you otherwise?
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? Empty Re: Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products?

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

In order to generate discussions, I suggest members of the hosting group try to provide their own opinions on these questions.

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? Empty Re: Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products?

Post by camille_girard Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Sometimes, I don't trust companies that are marketing green because I know that they just modify one feature on the product to communicate as a green organization but the other part of the product (for example the packaging ) are really dangerous the the environment. It's the case for food's product. The company communicate on the bio ingredient but have a packaging which can not be recycle. I don't think it's a green product. All of the product must be considerated as a green product.

I have also another example :
When Total (petrol company) is communicating on what they are doing for the environment (social responsability) and so on, I just laughing because they are one of the most company which more polluate the earth on using petrol.

What can persuade me : for example labels, certification evaluated by an international organization which show us that the company were using life cycle study on their product.
camille_girard
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MH_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:15 pm

This is a good observation. Indeed, many companies do not really commit to socially responsible practices but use them as a promotional tool. In this mentality, they often create even heavier burden to our earth. Also, such practices create distrust between companies and their customers.

MH_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:49 pm

camille_girard wrote:Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? If not, how can they persuade you otherwise?

Yes, I trust the companies that marketing "Green Product" as long as they pass and reach some Certifications from trustable authority....

Do you trust the companies that are marketing 'green' (i.e. organic, natural) products? Icon_rr
Ian Chen
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Hmm... sometimes I just don't really buy into companies trying to sell green products. I guess it depends on the company, like some who started for the sole reason for selling the "green" products. While others seem to be just jumping on the bandwagon and try to get in on the profit by just making/selling a few "green" products because people are buying them. Thats just my opinion~

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean_Huang Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Well... you have to scrutinize carefully... take coffee for example, Starbucks' "organic coffee" has very little effect on the farmer and the whole structure, but Okogreen's does contribute a little. See http://www.okogreen.com.tw/

Sean_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu_Song Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm

camille_girard wrote:Sometimes, I don't trust companies that are marketing green because I know that they just modify one feature on the product to communicate as a green organization but the other part of the product (for example the packaging ) are really dangerous the the environment. It's the case for food's product. The company communicate on the bio ingredient but have a packaging which can not be recycle. I don't think it's a green product. All of the product must be considerated as a green product.

I have also another example :
When Total (petrol company) is communicating on what they are doing for the environment (social responsability) and so on, I just laughing because they are one of the most company which more polluate the earth on using petrol.

What can persuade me : for example labels, certification evaluated by an international organization which show us that the company were using life cycle study on their product.

I completely agree with this. I think going green is too much trend focused with a lack of sincerity in many consumers and companies that are just jumping on board for recognition and personal and company gains. It's so counter intuitive to be a green company then spend millions printing out fliers to prove it...I think the trees cut down to print these fliers would disagree that such a company is truly green. and because so many companies are doing this, i do feel a sense of distrust and sometimes even annoyance towards companies I find are just doing the bare minimum.

Lu_Song

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I think it depends. If I am facing a company which has been focus on green prpducts for a long time, then I will trust them and consider to buy their products. In contrast, if the company I am facing is the one that just suddenly jumped into this "green market", then I won't trust them. Because I think most companies still cares more about their profitability, and if a company suddenly changes its target to focus on green product, it makes me think that this company is just trying to earn more.

Last edited by Erin_Lo on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Yes, everyone makes a good point that there are companies out there that are promoting sustainability only to make themselves look good. Although they may just be following the trend and are going green in their personal interest instead of for the environment and community
Lin_Chen
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Totally agree with people above Smile
And I think government should invlove in inspecting and licensing those "Green" firms or "Green" products. That will make me trust them.

Last edited by Raphy_Liang on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

How about thinking of why company making “green” product? I think a company making “green” product mainly for 2 reasons. First, possibly it making “green” product just for higher efficiency through saving energy, resources, and so on. Second, for its marketing strategy, it creates value for consumers by “green” product. Base on these 2 reasons, I trust the companies that are marketing “green” products because they have incentive to do this.

Frank_Ho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 pm

No, I donnot trust the companies
that marketing "Green Product".
Because to be totally "green" seems impossible to me.
In my opinion, no company can reach green totally, but partially green company can be a factor making me buy their products.
Nemo_Kuo
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum